Thursday, September 28, 2006


That's right - it shouldn't be a shock that I have not finished my Somewhat Cowl sweater. I feel like the slowest knitter in America. I read all of these blogs with people who finish sweaters in three nights. I can't finish three inches in a night, much less any significant progress. The good news is that it does fit and I'm almost done with one sleeve. By the end of the weekend I hope to have the other done and at least pick up the stitches on the neck. We'll see.

So instead of looking at my finished sweater, a good friend of mine sent me a link to this great Knitting Animation on You Tube. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Closer and Closer

Well, I'm down to the bottom ribbing of the Somewhat Cowl sweater. All that's left is the sleeves and neck. I'm hoping that maybe by this time next week I may have a completed sweater to brag about. But of course, I'm already looking for other things to work on.

I joined the Sexy Knitters Club (SKC) and I think I'm going to start their KAL for either Sizzle or the Simple Knitted Bodice (SKB). I love both patterns and I've enjoyed Wendy's top down pattern for the Somewhat Cowl sweater. It really all comes down to yarn. I've not found a substitute yarn for SKB that I'm crazy about. I cannot spend $140 on the yarn that the pattern calls for. Finding something for Sizzle would be easier, but even though it won't be cool enough around here to wear something with long sleeves until November, it will take that long for me to finish either of these pieces with the work schedule I've been keeping lately.

I did treat myself to two knitting magazines today: The new BHG Knit It! and the newest Vogue Knitting. Hidden in the editorial section was a note that there was a pattern correction to the Fisherman's Shrug pattern from the Winter edition of this magazine. I loved the pattern when I first saw it - chunky yarn, big needles - sounded like instant gratification to me. Plus the yarn called for was inexpensive and looked like something I could throw on even around the house. Well, while lurking in the Blog-o-sphere, I found out that there were SEVERE problems with this pattern and it required way too much math for my math-challenged brain to figure out. Needless to say I didn't attempt it. Maybe this corrected pattern will be easier to follow than redoing all of the math.

Fingers crossed - we will have a FO photo to post here next week...