Sunday, August 27, 2006

I'm In the Same Boat

Well, I've neglected this site as well during the summer. I've not had the energy to knit since I've been working 60 to 70 hours each week. I hope that this insanity is coming to an end soon, but I'm not so sure that is going to happen.

I've picked up the needles, determined to finish my Somewhat Cowl sweater that I started in March. I've knitted about an inch or so after the join. I like knitting from the top down so far. Here's what it looks like so far (sorry for the bad photo).



I may wish that I had knit this in a size smaller, but it seems to fit fine, just seems big right now in the arms. Maybe that will be better determined once I actually do the knitting on it.

Oh, I have to introduce you to my newest "child." This is Clyde. He is the new love of my life. He'll be 2 in November, so too young to ride, but I'm doing a lot of ground work with him right now. I work with a trainer once a week with him and it is amazing to watch a 1000 pound animal learn like a child would. It's the one thing I really force myself to make time for once a week and I just love my time with him. I'll have a reason to knit some cute hats, scarves, sweaters, finger-less gloves, etc. to wear at the barn this winter!

No comments: