Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why didn't I think of it?

The more I knit the more I say, why didn't I think of that? My latest knitting project is definitely one in that category! When we visited your LYS in Macon, I bought the Plymouth Yarns Baby Alpaca Grande Vest pattern and enough yarn to knit it. It was truely an impulse buy but one of my best purchases. It is a bulky yarn which is knits fast and is very soft.
Just look at the finished vest!
It doesn't look too much like a vest in this picture, right? It really is a long piece with K2P2 on each end and K1P1 on 1/2 the stitches in the middle. Then it's folded over, like the picture and seamed just on the K2P2 part.

Clever! - Why didn't I think of that?

But here is the way it looks when you wear it! Looks different!


I wore it yesterday to Knittin' on the Prairie KAL (look for a blog by that name later) and everyone loved it. Part of the beauty of this is probably the softness of the alpaca which allows it to stretch. I decided to knit another using wool - actually Cascade Yarns Eco+ in 8448 Crushed Berry color. I'm hoping that the yarn will work and create another great vest.

No comments: