I've really enjoyed being off work this week, so I could do more knitting. I finished the sweater for Lisa, but was disappointed that I had made it too large. So I got to rip-it out and start over again. In a way that was good as I was able to improvise a little. I decided rather than knit it in 3 pieces, back and 2 fronts, to cast on enough stitches to do it in one piece to the underarms, then split it for fronts and back. I have done that and am now working on the back separtely. I will knit the 2 fronts at the same time, but that will need to wait a while.
I got really fed up with the Sunrise Jacket. It wasn't working out with the row gauge. The stitch gauge was OK, but my rows count was off. This sweater requires too much math and too much time for it not to work out great. I decided to frog it as well. About that time I bought the winter Interweave Knits and fell in love with this Nantucket Jacket on the front.
I thought the black Wool of the Andes yarn that I was using for the Sunrise Jacket would be perfect for this. So, I started it as well with the frogged yarn. I have knit about 6 inches on the back and I really do like the pattern. I hope that I like the finished jacket and don't find my self frogging it.
I really should get back to my pair of socks, but frankly haven't been too interested in finishing them.
OK, so much for the knitting or frogging of this week.
Here is the scarf that I did a couple of weeks ago from the front of Vogue Knitting. I used Lion Brand Wool Ease and it's OK. Color is great, but it isn't as soft as it could be if I had used another yarn. I'll be glad to use it for the winter and it really stands out on a black coat. It was so much fun to finish - can't believe I'm saying that. I hate finishing, but the weaving of the long tubes to produce the scarf was amazing.