Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bad Blogger... Bad Knitter...

I'm ashamed of my neglect of this blog. I couldn't believe how long it's been since I posted here. I've been struggling with migraines lately and now that it seems that I have those under control, thanks to some new meds that I take everyday, I am back up to speed. But for about three months there I was struggling with as many as 8 or 9 headaches a month, which really interfered with my knitting time, not to mentioned made me pretty much useless in general. Things are much better now.

I did finish a few things since my last post:

1. My Somewhat Cowl is now complete. Photo to come later. I hate finishing. I really need a class on this to feel more confident.

2. A great hat and fingerless mittens. Photo to come later.

On the needles:

1. My Einstein Coat - yes, I'm still working on this darn thing. It gets so darn hot in GA during the summer that I can't work on it or else I burn up. I want to have it done by Christmas. I WILL have it done by Christmas. I'm 1/2 way there.

2. The Fisherman's Shrug - even though I've read that people continue to have trouble with this pattern online, I've started the large size of this pattern as it is written, while using the revised measurements and keeping my fingers crossed. I'd like to try and finish this in a couple of weeks. We'll see. I got a great deal on the Lion Brand Yarn at Handcock Fabrics a week ago when it was 2o% off the regular price and I had a coupon for an additional 10% off.

I'll drag the camera out tomorrow and take a few photos of the finished objects. The good news is I have two new work assignments in Orlando and in Phoenix this winter - two places warm enough to wear short sleeves in January.

No comments: