Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Well, I can certainly appreciate your migraines. I have a friend with those and she is incapacitated more often than she would like. Glad yours are under control. I'm sure that you don't like taking the meds but its better to take meds than experience the headaches. I wouldn't be knitting either if I had a migraine, so it's understandable.

I'm still working on my sweater and on Lisa's. I really enjoyed frogging her sweater and knitting it again. I also altered the pattern to knit it in one piece rather than 2 fronts and one back. I've completed everything but the sleeves. I'm starting those right after the holidays.

My sweater from Interweave knits is turning out great. I decided that I wanted to make long sleeves, instead of the 3/4 length sleeves in the pattern. I hope they work out. One sleeve is done the other just needs the shaping at the upper end. So after the holidays I'll work on finishing that sweater as well.

You know, I am on the road this week, not to return home til the 30th. Because of this I had to have something to knit on. Neither of the sweater projects that I just wrote about are portable at this time, so last night I drug out some yarn and started a scarf for my hairdresser. I'm too late for Christmas, but I have a hair appointment for Jan 6th, so I'll have a scarf to take her as a gift. I played with the yarn and created a pattern that I like. Then I got some knitting time on the plane today. Here's what I've done so far. What do you think? I just started knitting without a plan in mind, I'm sure that violates all we've read about knitting, and Steven Covey - Start with the end in mind, right?


I think it will end up OK. The yarn is the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, which I've heard that despite the label doesn't contain any cashmere. Don't know what makes it so soft without cashmere. At least it is a knitting project for the trip when nothing else would work.

Oh, I still have the socks, that I'm working to finish. I just got caught up knitting the sweaters and dropped the socks. They are in my briefcase, so I can finish them this trip as well.

Looking forward to sharing Christmas with you, Heidi, Kevin and your mom. We'll see you Thursday or Friday somewhere. My Heidi is taking skiing lessons, 10AM - 3:30 PM on Friday and Saturday, so you know where to find me. Knitting by the fire and watching her progress. See you soon.

No comments: