Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy New Year

Sounds as if your new year has been busier than mine. I'm so glad you have learned how to work the knitting machine. Would you recommend it to other knitters? I've thought about getting one, but it's never gotten beyone thinking about it. Next thing you know you'll be turning out sweaters faster than you can buy yarn to support the habit!

My new year hasn't been too great so far. I went to Jersey City on Jan 2nd and worked a few days. I didn't feel well - felt as though I was getting a cold all week and by last weekend had a full blown cold. I was due to leave again on Tuesday for Jersey City again, but didn't feel like going. I've spent all week at home and finally decided on Thursday that I needed to finish some knitting projects. The only reason I wanted to finish, of course, was so I could start a new one! I did complete the Nora Gaughan sweater from Interweave knits. I made it in black Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks. There are one row of eyelet stitch on each side of the front and back. I chose to weave some satin ribbon through the eyelets. I think it looks pretty good. Today I made a couple of boot length skirts to wear with the sweater. I'm hoping that it will work for me to wear at work.

We're having a weekend of bad weather - sleet storms and expecting snow tomorrow. It was 70 degrees here on Thursday afternoon, then didn't reach 20 during the day yesterday. We had one sleet storm yesterday and another today. Expecting snow tomorrow. So the knitting weather is great. I started the Harmony sweater with Louet Gems Merino. I'm using the blue colors which I don't think show up right in the picture. This is the right front, started the left back today. It requires concentration to keep up with the rows, but I like the way it is looking at present.

Can't wait to see how the finished sweater looks.

I'm due to leave tomorrow for Spartanburg SC, late in the afternoon. I'm not sure that'll happen, given that the weather is calling for 3 - 6 inches of snow tomorrow. I can't take this sweater with me, since there are so many balls of yarn. I wouldn't have room for clothes, but if I can find a way to take it, I will do so.

Christmas was so great, thanks for all you and your family did to help us enjoy it. Heidi still talks about wanting to live in NC. I'm not totally opposed to that idea, as I am getting pretty tired of flying from Wichita. I can't seem to be able to make a connection to save my life. This last trip to Newark arrived 1 hour late on the outbound flight and then I missed my connection on Chicago - due to a delayed flight from Newark to Chicago, so I had to stay overnight in Chicago on Friday. I'm just as glad to be home sick this week. At least I don't have to deal with the delayed and missed flights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.