Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Baby Things

I love the cute hat. What yarn did you use? I got an email today that a co-worker's wife delivered yesterday so I need to make a baby gift as well. I haven't given much thought about what to knit. What do you think new parents would like to get?
Am finishing the shell that I started with Cascade Fixation. I chose to short row some bust darts since I am ample in that department. It was a challenge, even for a master knitter! ;-) I got the instructions for figuring out how to make them from Margaret Righetti's book on sweater designing. It's a great reference book. The shell is very comfortable because of the elastic in the yarn. I think I'll wear it a lot for work.
I really admire your confidence to experiment and knit without instructions. That is very difficult for me to do, but am trying to stretch my ability and knit freely with just an idea of what I want the finished piece to resemble. I can learn a lot from you about freeing up my knitting.
I'm on the road for several days now. I'm in Youngstown, OH this week, will be in Chicago over the weekend, Mon and Tue then back to Youngstown for the remainder of next week. I'll be in Texas for the first 2 weeks of May which might be good knitting time, if I can decide what to make. If you will be there, maybe we can meet for dinner or something.

No comments: