Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'm Getting There

I'm getting closer to being done with Ophelia. I've completed 10 rings - only 6 more to go, then embroidering the daisy in every other ring, blocking and then unraveling the garter stitches on the right side to create the fringe (which I'm nervous about). I'm guessing it will take about 10 more hours to finish her. I won't be wearing her in Georgia any time soon though. It is supposed to be 80 degrees here every day next week!

I've ignored my flowers, but I am flying to Dallas this week and I plan to bring this project with me. I have my first evening completely unplaned, so this should supply enough time for me to make headway on it. I'm sure that once I start knitting with that Touch Me yarn, I'm not going to want to put it down. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this yarn for a scarf. Maybe after the holidays.

No comments: