Saturday, March 18, 2006

Socks and Jocks

I've gotten a lot of knitting done this weekend, thanks to the NCAA Basketball tournament. With a house full of guys cheering for or against one team or another, I've had to busy myself with something other than television. Don't get me wrong - I love college basketball, but there simply wasn't room for me to comfortably sit, enjoy the games and knit all at the same time. So here's what I've been working on:

My Mulligan Socks:
Ready to start the heel on this one. I'm going to do short row heels on these socks because I think I'll like the look a lot better. I hope to have at least one heel done before I go to the beach.








My Dorthy Scarf:
This is the emerald green scarf that I frogged last Sunday night while watching the Soprano's. I started the so-called scarf pattern that evening and the goal was to finish it before I left for my trip to NYC this week; however, my trip was postponed so now there's not a lot of rush. I will say that the stitch pattern is addictive and produces a woven, cloth-like effect with the yarn.



I'm a Ball-er:
I dragged out my ball winder on Friday night and wound the hanks of Blue Sky Alpaca I ordered for my Somewhat Cowl sweater. I will knit the swatch before heading to the beach so I'm not trapped there without the right size of needles. I hope I make a lot of progress on this project while I'm there. While the winder was out, I went ahead and wound other hanks in my stash.

No comments: