Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Super Cute Summer Purse

In preparation for our beach trip I checked out the 10 day forecast. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be getting a suntan since the high is supposed to be 68 degrees. So it looks like I will be getting a lot more knitting done than I expected and that's not bad news.

Over the weekend I purchased two new knitting magazines and I've been saving them to enjoy them while I'm on vacation. I didn't think looking at my mom's new knitting magazine was cheating and while I browsed the pages of the Family Circle Easy Knitting magazine, I found the cutest spring/summer purse. It's hard to find a cute, non-felted, purse for warmer weather. The best news, it's knit in kitchen cotton and it seems really easy.

I think I'm going to do this in yellow with blue and white flowers, so it won't show dirt so badly. Big needles, big yarn... I'm guessing it won't take too long to knit. We'll see how it comes out. I'll post a photo later. I thought FCEKnitting would have a photo of it on their site - but it hasn't been updated since 2005.

I've also done some research about LYS at my vacation spot and there's one right downtown. This map was very helpful. Pretty neat for travelers.

No comments: