Thursday, April 14, 2005

Plane Reading

I'm not traveling this week, but will probably be back at it next week. I get more knitting done on the road, so not a lot was accomplished on my sweater this week. I've finished the back and I'm half way through with the left side. I guess just three and a half more pieces left before assembly begins. It looks a little big based on the back measurement, but maybe it will come together nicely.

I've gotten into the habit of buying a knitting magazine or book before most of my trips and I read on the plane since most of my trips are short hops, not long journeys. I'm headed to Toronto in May, so that will be a knitting trip. My favorites so far are Vogue Knitting and Interweaves. Both serve as a dream book for me. I love to look at the photos and think about the possibilities. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a magazine, but I love to read knitty, an on-line magazine. It's got great designs, but the best part is the writing. It is so well written for an on-line publication. If you've not read it, you should check it out. They have great flower patterns in the spring issue which will be perfect for some take along knitting over the next month.

I ordered yarn from KnitPicks and it's great. I love the colors. I just bought a single ball of a lot of different colors just to see what it looked and felt like. It will be perfect for knitting up some flowers.

I found a pattern for a greyhound sweater, but it has cables and it looks kind of masculine. I'll have to get some good measurements of her so we can create something special for her.

No comments: