Thursday, April 28, 2005

Traveling, models and summer knitting

Sorry that I haven't posted anything lately. I am busy with traveling. Last week was in Lincoln, NE and then Chicago for the weekend. Returned home on Sunday and left again on Monday for Lincoln. These weeks that have weekday and weekend travel are so hectic. I did a little knitting. Am working on the sleeves for the pullover from sock yarn. I really like the weight of the finished pieces and am looking forward to finishing it. If I like it I may knit another from a different color. I chose a blue/gray/black/cream multi colorway since it will work with jeans so well. But would rather have a brighter colors for another. The yarn I am using is also from Knit Picks and I like knitting with it. The price is right and quality is good. I'm sure I'll order from them again. I ordered yarn from a local yarn shop in Lincoln about 6 weeks ago and it still isn't in. I'm not real pleased with the fact it has taken so long. I try to patronize the LYS (local yarn shop) whenever I can feeling that if we don't support them then they will go out of business and where will I be able to go and squeeze yarn? But if the service is this poor, why bother? I could have ordered the same yarn on line and would already have been knitting with it. Oh, well. Live and learn.

I had knit the Wild Forks shell and cardigan last year for publication in Cast On magazine. After the mag has photographed it I get it back. Knitting for the model is a different size than I wear so I gave the sweater to my friend in TN. She and I attended the same meeting in Chicago this weekend and she wore the sweaters. They looked so great on her and I was delighted to see her wear them. She gots lots of compliments on them as well. I almost lost the buttons on my blouse! I was so proud of the finished garments and the reception she got when wearing them.

I'll keep knitting throughout the summer. What about you? I especially like knitting with cotton yarn in the summer, but don't have anything planned. I need time with magazines to dream a little. My latest issue of Cast On came just as I was leaving the house on Monday, can't wait to get home tonight to read it. Maybe I'll get inspired by it.

No comments: