Saturday, April 30, 2005

Too Much Travel, Not Enough Knitting

I've neglected our blog badly these last few weeks. I've been spending a lot of time in Memphis during the week and then busy doing various things during the weekend, so I've been a bad blogger.

I'm currently knitting a wrap in some handspun wool that I bought at Mossy Creek, an arts and crafts festival that mom and I work at twice a year. This time they had a woman demonstrating spinning and she had some wool with her that she had spun. Her prices were more than reasonable. I bought approximately 600 yards for $27! I'm working on a simple little garter stitch wrap using the wool which is an interesting color mix of a light lavender and kelly green. Forgive me, these photos aren't that great, but you'll get the idea.





It's just beautiful, very different, soft and it knits like a dream. I'm using size 15 needles so the thin parts in the yarn have a lacy feel. It's easy and not very challenging, but it's what I need to distract me in the evening and on the short hop I make to Memphis twice a week. I hope to have it complete before I go to Boone on Thursday so I may get to use it before the fall.

I've started a few things, the pink sweater, Heidi's purse and this wrap, but haven't had a finished project in awhile. I need to focus on something in cotton after I complete my wrap. I've found a nice, easy, raglan sweater pattern in a Family Circle knitting magazine. It seems simple. I've also got plans to do some flowers using my yarn from KnitPicks. I'm dreaming, I know. My goal is to dedicate more time to knitting over the next month. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: