Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another Week, Another City

I'm on the road again this week. This time it is the great state of Texas. I will be doing this commute regularly now. On the plane I finished the long, emerald green scarf I started on my trip to NYC in early December. I'll take a photo once I take care of the loose ends. I'm looking for ideas to finish the fringe. I'm thinking about spiral fringe, but we'll see if I can come up with any other options. I don't know that this trim is the best option, but it does need something.

I also started a felted purse tonight. I've got the base completed and I'll cast on three times the amount of stitches I started with and join in the round to complete the sides. I'm not using a pattern, just experimenting as I go along. I'm using the bright yarn that I used to make the fingerless mittens. I'm curious to see what it will look like felted. I hope pretty neat.

I was making great progress on my Einstein Coat until I found that there's a hole in my knitting a pretty good ways into the panel. I guess I split the yarn and it pulled loose to make that darn hole. I'm going to sit down and figure out exactly which stitch the problem child is located in and rip that stitch all the way down and fix it with a crochet hook. I was shown how to do this in my cable class at Stitches and I've used it a few times, but just for a few stitches - not 75! I'll let you know how it goes. Fingers and toes crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the emerald scarf Heather finished up. It's quite nice. With work, greyhounds and other diversions, I'm amazed that she is able to devote the time that she does to her fine knitting talents. I was amazed to see how much she resembles her Aunt Nancy.