Sunday, January 29, 2006

Podcasts & Knit-letes

I'm leaving for Houston tomorrow evening and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to take with me. I think I'm going to try my hand at making another sock. The purse I'm working on has gotten too big for me to drag along. I do have a new guilty pleasure while flying. I've really gotten into a knitting podcast called Cast-On. It is fantastic - like NPR meets Debbie Bliss. She uploads each Friday and I have a new edition in my ipod to enjoy each week. You can download on your computer as well if you want to listen to them while you work. Check it out. She's really great.

I read the Yarn Harlot's blog pretty regularly - not just for the great knitting, but for her fantastic sense of humor. We heard her speak at Stitches and she's written a couple of books. For the 2006 Winter Olympics, she is organizing the Knitting Olympics.

I've toyed with the idea of joining in to participate, just to challenge myself. All of the rules are listed on the site, but the gist is to begin knitting something on Feb 10 and have it finished when the Olympics conclude 16 days later on Feb 26. It might be a good way to force myself to finish a sweater. I've started at least three and have finished none.

So, I've had my eye on this sweater from last summer's Family Circle Easy Knits. I thought it would be cute for spring and I can use it while I'm in MA boating this summer. I have no idea what color I will do it in, but it's easy enough to complete while sitting in front of the TV at night and if I'm traveling it may not be too big to tag along in my bag.

I'm going to make my decision on whether or not I'm a worthy Knit-lete this week.

No comments: