Saturday, January 07, 2006

Amazing

The Wright Wrap is AMAZING! Both beautiful in design and detail. It lays beautifully when worn. I hope you wear it out. It's just beautiful. I'm sure the pattern is way out of my league, but it is something to aspire to. I wonder what it would look like in a different color pallet. I'm sure Interweave will love it. Who wouldn't? I love that it is knit in Cascade 220. What wonderful colors they have and such a range to choose from. I wonder what it would look like in brown/earth tones? Maybe more pastel for spring.

I've been knitting a lot this week. I'm almost done with my first sock. I have to admit that I don't think I'm a sock person. Maybe the second pair will be better. I'm considering frogging this one and starting over, but I'm almost ready to start the decrease rows for the toe. Here's a photo of the top portion that I took earlier this morning. I turned the heel and knit the instep this evening. I'll just finish it off and consider it practice, then rip it out. While I love this yarn, it's the same I used for Mandy, I don't like the way it looks for socks. I have a few balls of Sock Garden from KnitPicks that I may dig into for my next practice sock. I don't have enough of one color to make a pair, but I have enough to practice with. I'm back on the road week after next, so I may just have to get good at socks so I have something to do while I'm gone since my Einstein Coat is too enormous to manage on a plane.

I'm almost done with the bottom portion of the Einstein coat. I've completed 115 rows of 160. I took a photo for proof. Maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have it done and be ready to pick up stitches to start the front. I've got a really busy week ahead of me next week, so I've got to get my knitting in this weekend.

No comments: