Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lizard Ridge and Gloves

My local yarn shop is doing a Lizard Ridge KAL so I am knitting along with them, even though I can't make the meetings. Here is my progress so far! 7 of the 24 blocks done. The color isn't so good in the picture, but these blocks are ADDICTING! Don't start them unless you are really ready to spend all your time knitting blocks. They are a great portable project, in case you are traveling soon.


I am having fun with the blocks and the different Noro Kuyreon yarn! This blanket should really be warm! I just hope I don't felt it by mistake! I have an afghan that I knit for my mother in the 1960s out of some wool and I know she must have machine washed and dried it because it is slightly felted. Thank goodness she took it out of the dryer when she did or it might have been a potholder when she finished.



My other project has been the gloves from Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn. I've found that I would rather knit gloves than socks so I'm jsure these won't be my last. I have some Louet Gems sport weight that I'm going to use for some gloves as well. I haven't tied in the loose ends on this picture, so I won't be wearing them with the strings hanging!



I used the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd for the directions to knit the gloves. Do you have that book? It was the first place I looked when I thought I would knit gloves. Made the process easy.


No comments: