Saturday, March 05, 2005

Blue Suede Blogging

A great way to make progress on a project is to travel on a weekly basis. I'm almost done with the body of my sister's purse. I should start the straps sometime this week.

I read a very interesting article while on the plane about knitters who go to thrift stores, buy old wool sweaters, unravel them and reuse the yarn for other projects. So today, my two girlfriends and I went out garage sale shopping and I decided to see if I could find some wool sweaters to rip apart and try my hand at this. I found some purple cotton and some brown wool from two different sweaters. I like the way the two colors and textures look together, so I hope I can successfully rip these sweaters apart and make a wrap or scarf or something. It was fun looking for things to reuse.

I finished the hat I started on when sick from the SNB book. All I have left is the pompoms. I'll post pictures this week before I send it off to Boone.

No comments: