Monday, March 21, 2005

Great start

Looks like you have a great start on your sweater! I hadn't seen the magazine with the pattern, but it looks like it will be a cute one. Congratulations on doing a gauge. That is the smart thing to do, and you have compensated well for the extra 1/2 stitch realizing that it will be a tad bigger around because of it. I can't wait to see the finished sweater.
I finished the ballet sweater I was making for my Heidi. I'll give it to her for Easter and hope that it will work for her. I finished last night just before bed time, so I didn't get to take a picture. I left on a 6AM flight this morning. Needless to say, I didn't have time to take pics this morning either.
I got the wild notion on Saturday to crochet the Coming Home (Martha Stewart) poncho from Lion Brand. Their web site has a pattern to download for free. I had enough skeins of black Homespun to make one and thought it would be good for travel in a few weeks, when you only need a light jacket. So I started it on Saturday and finished on Sunday! Looks pretty good. I am shorter so it hangs a little long on me. I'll send a pic of it as well. It is a fairly easy project and you can tell it goes fast. Do you crochet?
I'm still working on my pullover out of sock yarn. That is my airplane and hotel knitting at present. I did work out a gauge and started my graphs for the Wright Wrap. I'm getting a little nervous about knitting it, wondering if I will like it, if it will look OK, etc. and the big question, will I use it? Who knows? It is always the burning question when knitting, will I like it and will I wear it or will it be an exercise in knitting only to be on the shelf for the remainder of the yarn's useful life? Oh, the philosophy of it all gives me a headache.
I'm sorry that we had to cancel the TKGA conference, but I am looking forward to Stitches East in October. Keep looking a the web site, so we can get early picks on classes before they fill up.

No comments: