Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Days 1-3

I'm making progress. I hope to finish the heel tonight, but here's what I've learned so far in my three short days of the Knitting Olympics:

1. Knitting with toothpicks takes some getting use to. However, I love my size 2 Brittany needles and after a few rounds I've gotten the hang of it. I can't imagine what working with size 1 or 0 might be like.

2. I'm not knitting socks for church. In the process of working the leg, I missed a stitch and had a hole in my sock. Not good.

3. Frog in circles. I tried to ladder down to fix the hole, but being a novice at making teeny, tiny stitches, I had little success at fixing my mistake. I ripped back, but didn't rip an entire round, so after a couple of rounds I realized that the end/beginning of my round was no longer the end/beginning.

I need to get moving on this heel if I want to try and stay on schedule. Only 13 days left.

No comments: