Friday, February 17, 2006

One Sock Down, One to Go - Olympic Days 6-8

I'm half way there! One sock complete, one more to go.


And the first one fits.


I'm babysitting tomorrow night for a little one, and after he goes to bed I'll have some uninterrupted time to dedicate to sock number 2. While completing the matching sock (fingers crossed), I'll have to think of a name for these girls (I think green and purple socks have to be girls).

I've really enjoyed knitting these socks and I'm excited to cast on the second one tonight. I'm already looking for my next project since I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with these socks. I'm thinking about this bandeau top. I thought it would look cute for spring, maybe with a white t-shirt and jean jacket. It's cute and it is a beginner's fair isle pattern.

Another choice is this cute tank from knitty called Honeymoon . It's a good pattern to practice my shaping and it will be cute to wear with jeans or, if I dare, under a suit.

I've not forgotten about my Einstein coat. It's just so hot here this winter (82 today) and I'm burning up with it just laying in my lap. I cannot imagine wearing it this year. So, once we turn the A/C on in the house - I'll get back at it.

No comments: