Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Olympic Knitting - Days 9, 10 & 11

I'm almost done with sock number 2. All I have left is the remainder of the foot and grafting the toe. If I can find some time over the next two days, I'll be in good shape. I know - socks aren't that challenging and required no blocking and such, but it was somewhat of a challenge for me. I don't like the way my stitches look when I pick up stitches, so I need practice or suggestions, or lessons or something. I just don't like how they look, so I'm doing something wrong, I'm sure.

It's important that I get this right because I have found my next project, The Somewhat Cowl, and I've got the yarn ordered - so this is a commitment. I found this pattern by accident when browsing Olympic Knitting blogs and I not only love this pattern, I really enjoy reading her blog. There's also a cool link to The Garter Belt. Some neat, modern, attractive patterns are available. I thought it was a good find. So, cancel the other two projects I mentioned last time - I have such knitting A-D-D right now it's horrible. So scattered about projects I want to complete that I get so overwhelmed that I can't even figure out the best place to start.

No comments: