Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Friends Don't Let Friends...

I learned an important lesson in knitting last night. I came home from work, after a very long day, and decided to relax with a couple of drinks (a bloody mary or two) before picking up my knitting. It was time to set up the straps on the bag that I'm working on. In the process of going through the process of binding off stitches and placing stitches on holders I learned that alcohol and knitting do not mix. :)

Needless to say, I now have a great appreciation for backing up and starting over. The good news is - for the first time I bound off the stitches correctly! I would always end up with 16 stitches on one strap and 17 on another and I'm sure I was well on my way to another uneven stitch count with my first attempt last night. I guess it took a little liquid inspiration.

No comments: