Saturday, January 08, 2005

A Start Up

In the past year I've become obsessed with an artform that I only wish I had appreciated while my grandmother was alive. A talented woman with a pair of craft-store knitting needles, my paternal grandmother - better known as Nana to myself and 9 other grandchildren - was, and still is, an inspiration to me. As I sit with my own sticks in hand late at night, I often wonder what she thought about as the yarn passed through her hands and across the tips, evening after evening as she created priceless masterpieces from dime-store yarn.

I'm not a master knitter, yet - although I do have a weakness for beautiful yarns of all colors and textures, which I think is a good start. It must be in the blood! As I grow as knitter, I hope you find my tangles and tantrums interesting.

No comments: